[redhat-ccm-list] Contribution.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 15:27:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 04:21:26PM -0100, Emmanuel Gaillot wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Our development team is working on components to be used over WAF.  We
> have recently worked on a feature enabling a portlets container to
> handle portlets minimization and maximization.
>
> We would like to submit our code to the community as a contribution. Is
> this mailing list the appropriate place to do so?  May I attach source
> code (ASCII) files to a mail?  May I attach a compressed (binary) file
> to a mail?
>
> Currently, the minimization / maximization is not persistent from one
> user session to the other.  It seems that to implement this feature one
> would need to change the PDL description of Portlet -- and add getters /
> setters to the corresponding java class.  Since this would directly
> impact WAF code, should we let someone from RedHat do it, or would you
> prefer our team to handle the modification and submit a patch?

Check out the FAQ entry on contributing code:

  http://rhea.redhat.com/faq.html#how-to-contribute

For big pieces of work, adding a BugZilla ticket, marking its status
as 'enhancement' and uploading the patch / ZIP file is probably the
best way to go.

Dan.
--
|=-             Daniel P. Berrange  -  berrange at redhat.com              -=|
|=-   Red Hat, 338 Euston Road, London, NW1 3BT.  +44 (0)7977 267 243   -=|