FW: [redhat-ccm-list] Problem starting up the CMS

Vadim Nasardinov vadimn at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 15:51:02 UTC 2004

There might be earlier errors in the log.  This stack trace is for the
failing QueueManager, which is a background thread that doesn't serve
web requests.  Therefore, this is not directly related to the error
you get when trying to load a page in the browser.

Also, this looks like a partial stack trace.  The topmost error is
NoClassDefFound thrown by the Tomcat's webapp classloader.  This error
is usually caused by classpath problems.  Yet your stack trace shows
the underlying root cause to be UniqueConstraintException thrown by
com.arsdigita.persistence.TransactionContextImpl#getConnection at line
118.  If you look at the source, you'll notice that
TransactionContextImpl is merely re-throwing a SQLException:

$ cat -n src/com/arsdigita/persistence/TransactionContextImpl.java | head -n 119 | tail -n 3
   117	        } catch (SQLException e) {
   118	            throw PersistenceException.newInstance(e);
   119	        }

So, my guess would be, there are earlier stack traces in your logs
that would give a better indication of what's wrong with your setup.