[redhat-ccm-list] Serving raw images

Randy Graebner randyg at redhat.com
Tue May 4 11:47:41 UTC 2004

>Is there a way to serve graphics images from Red Hat CMS to another web app?

Every ContentPage has its own URL.  So, what you need is an Image that
is a ContentPage.
The basic idea for the PDL is below...then, all you need to do is create
the authoring kit...the code in com.arsdigitia.cms.ui.authoring.Image*
should give you a good start.

model you.model.here;

object type ImagePage extends ContentPage {
    composite ImageAsset[0..1]      imageAsset = join image_pages.image_id
                                                   to cms_images.image_id;

    reference key (image_pages.item_id);
}

>I am interested in using Red Hat CMS to serve components of web pages (instead of whole pages) to ease integration into our existing Struts/Tiles infrastructure.  I have thought about attempting to integrate Struts and Tiles into Red Hat CMS but feel this could be complex and that it would be easier to retain our existing Struts/Tiles web app as-is and to fetch page components from Red Hat CMS.

This is possible without too much pain but creating an ImagePage would
probably be faster for now.

Randy