[redhat-ccm-list] CCM - Transactions. Please Help!!

srini srini at ncommon.com
Thu May 13 16:54:39 UTC 2004

Could anyone please clarify me on the following :

1.	I created a domain object (oldDomainObject) in a transaction
2.	The corresponding details get stored in the DB
3.	Then I did a explicit, oldDomainObject.disconnect() so that I
can use this object across transactions (AS A READ ONLY OBJECT)
4.	In another transaction, using this read only object's ID I tried
to retrieve the object from the database. And I always get
a DataObjectNotFoundException
                  newDomainObject = new
MyDomainObject(oldDomainObject.getID());   --> throws
DataObjectNotFoundException

What am I doing wrong? Thought disconnect method removes the old domain
object from transaction. Please advise.

Thanks
Srini