[redhat-ccm-list] sftp Configuration

Miguel Angel Henares mahenares at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 15:52:25 UTC 2004

Hi to everybody,

I need to have sftp server configured in a Red Hat Advanced server to
download files from other computer. I´ve been searching and in some articles
the talk about vsftp and some other to sshd. I would like to know which is
the easiest way to configure it in Red Hat Advanced server.

Once that this issue is clear, I have installed both serives in my server
(bsftpd and sshd). I would like to know what steps exactly should I follow
(including the installation keys in the server and in the client sides).

Also, which sftp client would be the best choice to access to this server
from a Linux and from a Windows enviroment.

Thank you in advanced for your help.

Miguel.