[redhat-ccm-list] Separate access permissions for categories & folders without creating separate instance of CMS

Sukesh Shetty sukesh at triconinfotech.com
Thu Oct 7 12:51:13 UTC 2004

Hi All,

   We are using cms 6.1 for our application.We have two clients we want each of them to have separate categories and folder access rights.Suppose cleint A has to publish some articles ,he should be able to do that only under his category.Client A should not be able to view the categories or articles/folders of client B.Currrently even though client A is not able to modify the categories or folders/articles of client B , he can still view it.In case of articles client A can unpublish client B's published pages, eventhough he can't publish it.Same with client B.
   What we are trying to achieve is two separate admin's for client A & B.This admin A should be able to add user's  & admin B should be able to add users and give access rights to the created users.But admin A should not be able to modify access rights of users created by admin B and vice versa.
  Is this possible under redhat cms 6.1 without creating separate instances , any suggestions/info regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sukesh B Shetty