Re: IPX: Network number collision

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Stephen Speicher x2783 wrote:

> Under RedHat4.1 I have a 3c509b ethernet card working on our network but
> /var/log/messages is being filled every couple seconds with this message:
>
>   IPX: Network number collision 5
>           eth0 802.2 and eth0 EtherII
>
> I couldn't find any explanation in the NET or IPX HOWTO's but I did find
> where the message is generated in af_ipx.c
>
> Does anyone know exactly what this message means and what I have to do
> about it?

It means you have two (logical) networks under IPX that have the same
network number.

Haven't dug into it so how it can be changed is unknown to me.

Hugo.

  Hugo van der Kooij; Oranje Nassaustraat 16; 3155 VJ  Maasland; Netherlands
MAIL: mailto:hvdkooij caiw nl	HOMEPAGE: http://www.caiw.nl/~hvdkooij
PGP: http://www.caiw.nl/~hvdkooij/pgp-key	TEL: +31-10-5999237
  Any unsollicited email message send to me will be regarded as a request
  to proofread that message. I will proofread any message for $ 150.-
  per hour with a minimum charge of $ 150.- per incident.