Re: rookie upgrade problems

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Azdio wrote:

> Only two problems probably both minor (I hope)
>
> I have RH4.0 running on my system and I am trying to upgrade from /dev/sda1
> /dev/sda1 - /
> /dev/sda2 - /usr
> /dev/sda3 - /home
> /dev/sda1 - WIN95 (yuck)

I don't understand. You want to go from a single win95 parttion to a 3
partition RedHat setup?

And where is your swap partition?

> Problem #1 - I tried - savesetup.pl /mnt/floppy after mounting the newly
> created boot floppy, It didn't work (I don't know much about perl) I tried
> - find . -name "savesetup.pl" -print from root and nothing was found

Unknown. What is the savesetup.pl file for?

> I suspect this might have something to do with the vfat file system. I also
> notice that when the files went to win95 the changed from being +rw to +rwx
> wouls this hurt anything? Should I chmod them to +rw only? Any help is
> appreciated, thanx

rwx is the only possible right on vfat. the FAT system doesn't know about
those rights so ANY file is assumed rwx.

Hugo.

  Hugo van der Kooij; Oranje Nassaustraat 16; 3155 VJ  Maasland; Netherlands
MAIL: mailto:hvdkooij caiw nl	HOMEPAGE: http://www.caiw.nl/~hvdkooij
PGP: http://www.caiw.nl/~hvdkooij/pgp-key	TEL: +31-10-5999237
  Any unsollicited email message send to me will be regarded as a request
  to proofread that message. I will proofread any message for $ 150.-
  per hour with a minimum charge of $ 150.- per incident.