Re: only the letters LI come out when i boot

l> i've tried the boot disk and typed rescue at the boot prompt.
l> wh i get to the # prompt i can mount my partition /dev/sda3 using
l> mount -t ext2 /dev/sda3 /mnt/
l> i can see the partitions i think. i also can see at /mnt/etc lilo.conf ...
l> but when i execute lilo -v it cannot find /etc/lilo.conf, but when i copy
l> /mnt/etc/lilo.conf to /etc/lilo.conf it also fails....

l> i'm loosing hope........ can anyone help me please.....

Have you tried running lilo -rv /mnt ? This should fix your problem
and tell you what is happening.

--
mailto:ray fred net
http://www.fred.net/ray