Re: LINUX + W95 Partitions

mateo arcadia tid es wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody knows a way to move two partitions around.
>
> I mean, the problem is
> I get my 3,5GB HD partitioned in the following way:
> /dev/hda1 --> win95 FAT32  2.6GB with win95 installed on it
> /dev/hda2 --> Linux-native  580 MB with linux installed on it
> /dev/hda3 --> Linux swap 50 MB
>
> and what I want is
> /dev/hda1 --> Linux-native  580 MB with linux installed on it
> /dev/hda2 --> Linux swap 50 MB
> /dev/hda3 --> win95 FAT32  2.6GB with win95 installed on it
>
> Any suggestions ??
>
> Thanks in advance

Partition your hard driving using the Linux installation program the way you
want it. Use fdisk to label your partitions as you want  them.

Closethat.

Now install W95 in the partition you setup. It will only recognize the W95
partition.

Now go back and  finish installing Linux... with Lilo and you should have it.

This should work.

If you don't want to reinstall W95 then I am not sure how you can set it up
that way.

The other problem may be the way your hard drive is recognized. Since all of
W95 must reside
in the first 1023 cylinders of the hard drive,  your hard drive need to be
structured to accomodate
this need.

Good Luck,

John