Re: Please just let me know what I am facing.

Vector, thanks a million. I cannot wait to get home tonight
and try what you suggested.

One question thought. Once I do:

root=/dev/hda1 noinitrd

at the prompt using the bootdisk, can I go ahead and install
the kernel again of the CD ROM (rpm -Uvh) or do you think
I should just go ahead and build the kernel. I am trying to
save building the kernel to a stage when I have all the
errata's installed. With 5.1 RH have a million errata :(

Thanks again, I truly appreciate your help.

happy 4th
Abed

--
Abed M. Hammoud, D.Sc.                          abed anatomic com
IntellX L.L.C.                                  Office: (303) 469-7383