Thanks guys!

Say everyone!

Thanks a million for the tips.  As several of you predicted I had missed
some menuconfig options.

So I now have *sound*, all of my removables (jaz and zip) and my laserjet
printing away.

I'm still fiddling with my Xwindows setup (trying to get perfection) and
I'm really enjoying using a real CLI again.

One niggling issue. I still cannot figure out how to get to use my ppp
scripts as "user". I've chmod'd everything in sight <grin>...the last
message said that if I use the name option on pppd I have to be root.

Any clues?

Thanks again,

Jil