Re: ENTER RUNLEVEL

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Red Hat 5.0. As i have an very old VGA card in my
> computer, it is not listed in the install list, of Red Hat, also autoprobe
> failed. Furthermore i have an Black and White monitor also very old,
> but still in use. So i just tried some video cards, and monitors.
> When I start linux after the installation is finished, it says:
>
>                              " ENTER RUNLEVEL:

   3

    Runlevel is the level of operations services to provide.

   Runlevel 3 is the multi-user level.
   0: shut down and halt.
   1: root level maintenance, one user only.  (bus driver with empty bus
riding on spare tire.)
   3: multiuser (full bus headed for the next stop for passenger
   6: shut down and reboot (bus headed for end of line station, and turn
around.)

   There are others described in /etc/inittab.  You can also add more
consoles using this file.

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have
networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#