RHL/SPARC 5.1 install problems on SPARCstation 20

I'm trying to get RHL/Sparc 5.1 onto a SPARCstation 20 (SUN4M, 128MB RAM)
and having problems.

I can type "boot cdrom" and SILO comes up, but when I proceed to attempt to
finish booting, I get...

PROMLIB: obio_ranges 5

Watchdog Reset

...and back to the Ok prompt.

Some other folks have reported this problem as well and I was wondering if
anyone has come up with an explanation/fix.  My theory is that it may be
related to the kernel problems with 5.1/SPARC in general... any opinions on
that theory?

PS  I have tried one suggested fix from the Knowledge Base, typing linux
init=/bin/init from that SILO boot prompt, and I got the exact same result.

I've opened a ticket with RH, #38708, and have not heard anything at all in
response...