xscreensaver and locking ??

I copied the xinitrc from /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc to .xinitrc in my home
directory and added the xscreensaver entry in there

xscreensaver -timeout 10 -cycle 5 &

and it works just fine.

But I want to lock the screen say after 30min of the screen being idle
and so I appended  -lock 30 to the xscreensaver entry in .xinitrc but the
system doesn't take it. It gives me an error saying unknown option 30.

Any ideas of how to do this.

Thanks,
Anoop