Re: How to make floppies from Red Hat 5.0 CD?

redhat-install-list redhat com on 05/14/98 11:30:38 AM

Please respond to redhat-install-list redhat com

To:   redhat-install-list redhat com
cc:    (bcc: Keith Christian/CSD/IRV/TOSHIBA-TAIS)
Subject:  Re: How to make floppies from Red Hat 5.0 CD?

Keith:
>I have the Red Hat 5.0 Install CD's.  Could someone point me to
>documentation that describes in a COMPLETE STEP BY STEP fashion how to
>create floppies for a basic or extensive install to a system with only a
>floppy disk (no CD-ROM drive?)
>
>I can't seem to find what I need to know in the Red Hat Linux 5 User's
>Guide that came in the box.
If I am wrong, I will be corrected, but you cannot make floppy sets from
the CD.  You have to get the floppy sets from the ftp site.  There are
special files that are placed on the floppies that are not available on
the CD.  If you have the CD, you don't need the floppy set.
It might be easier to temporarily install a CD drive on the PeeCee than
it is to create all of those floppies.

Hi MB:
Thanks.  It looks like I will have to dig around on the FTP site for
instructions, thanks for answering!

========Keith