Re: POP Server

Ron,

I just finished figuring out how to setup a POP server myself.  (this is all new to me)

1)  For some reason the pop server (ipop3d) that came w/ the RH50 distribution did not get installed on my system.    After hours of trying to locate it I gave up and
downloaded qualcomms popper program.  (makers of eudora) since it was free.

2) When running the make program it failed with a duplicate header error and stopped compiling.  I edited the popper.h file and did a search for sys_errlist and removed
the first occurrance and then tried to compile again.  Everything compiled errorless.

3)  I then modified the /etc/inetd.conf file.  I replaced the pop-3 line w/

pop-3   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /qpopper2.4/popper popper

Note: change the path to wherever the popper program is located.

I now can successfully retrieve pop email.  Hopefully this info was helpful for you.

Shawn

P.S.  Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous messages... They were VERY helpful!