RE: What files are modify when using NTSYSV

There is a simlink created from /etc/rc.d/rc(x) (where x is the number
of init level).d to a function in /etc/rc.d/init.d directory.  So that a
sendmail for instance is a function in /etc/rc.d/init.d but to start it
a symlink has to be created in a directory /etc/rc.d/rc3.d (for normal
init level) called something like S (for start the function) number
(coresponding to inittab level) and the name of a function so the file
would look like S10(for example)sendmail.

Hope this helps
Marek Dohojda
Carrera Computers