Re: Signal 11

Portelli wrote:

>    I get a signal 11 error when i try and Install linux.  Why?  I know
>it is a hardware error, and I think it has to do with my hard drive,
>because i get it when it tries to creat the file system.  Any
>suggestions or work arounds to this?

When I first attempted to install RH Linux, I was getting continuous signal
11 and signal 7 messages.  I found I had much better luck if I made sure the
hd was totally clean.  I mean wiped clean by something like the delete
command for partitions in System Commander.  Usually, after that, I got
clean installs.

Ken