Re: Compaq Presario and modem

Addressed to: redhat-install-list redhat com
              Victoria Stanfield <vicki stanfield net>
              al665901 academ01 gda itesm mx

** Reply to note from Victoria Stanfield <vicki stanfield net> Sat, 17 Oct 1998 07:12:01 -0500 (CDT)

> Hola.
  Hola ni¤a.

> I bought a Toshiba a couple years back, and it was fine with Linux.
> Back then the modem was fine; winmodems hadn't flooded the market yet.
> I think the model was 440CDS or something like that.  I _was_ irritated
> by the fact that it was supposed to come with Windows 95 but that the CD
> wouldn't re-install unless the hard drive was one big Windows partition.
> THe drive was a 1.7GB, but re-installing Windows forced me to repartition
> if I had a Windows partition and a Linux partition.  There was no way
> around it, so I bought a non-OEM version of Windows and then I could
> partition as I wanted.  Microsoft really doesn't play well with others!
  That's true. I use OS/2 (see the header of this message) and LINUX. Microsoft doesn't play
  well with anybody. Microsoft people are very dirty.

Pablo Niklas
pegasus impsat1 com ar

10 PRINT "ODIO WINDOWS": GOTO 10