mp3 compressor

Anyone can suggest a good and easy to use mp3 compressor to run under
rh5.1?  Presently I make my mp3's up on my win95 box as it has most of
my h/w and s/w for that sort of thing. I use a plextor  32x ultraplex for the
dae (about 20-30 secs a song YAH!!!!) and then use mp3compressor to
covert from wav to mp3. Problem is Mp3compressor pretty much takes
over the system when put at the faster conversion speed. (it can be run in
the background but it takes a really long time then)

I like the fact that mp3compressor can batch convert a directory of wav
files. So that's essentially what I am looking for, for my rh5.1 box. I'd
transfer the files over my network and set maybe a cron job to check the
conversion directory once a day and then have it convert wav to mp3 and
then dump them in a directory on my win box for burning to my cdr.

Any suggestions?
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help pdscc com (pgp enabled)    http://www.pdscc.com