Video Card Problems

I have an ATI Rage 3d pro card with a Packard-Bell monitor.  Of all of
the servers that came with Red Hat, the only one that works is SVGA,
and, I can only get it to work in 640*480.  I believe the Mach64 server
should run with the card, but it doesn't.

Being as I have the SVGA server working, is there an easy way to figure
out the horizontal timing and vertical timing for screen modes?  The
monitor manual gives a bunch of specs, but nothing I can equate to these
timing variables in XF86Config.

Seems to me, it might be easier to buy a new card AND monitor...or am I
being a bit sarcastic here.

Harry