RE: Re: Hard drives >8gig with older bio

Actually it's:

   hda=cyl,head,sect

see /usr/doc/HOWTO/BootPrompt for a list of all available boot options.

Also, with regard to a comment below, linux doesn't use the BIOS so
the MAXBLAST software isn't necessary.  (LILO, however does use the
BIOS to load the kernel, so make sure it's on a partition below the
8 GB BIOS limit.)

Note: I'm not familiar with MAXBLAST, but assume it's one of those
"disk managers" that allow an old BIOS to see an 8 GB drive.

Tony Richardson