RE: RE: Re: Hard drives >8gig with older

The BIOS limit is actually 8 GB not 2 GB.  (There is a 2 GB FAT16
partition size limit, but that doesn't affect Linux or the BIOS.  There
were also some older buggy BIOSes that couldn't handle more than
4096 cylinders which resulted in another 2 GB limit, but you don't
have one of those or you wouldn't be able to see more than 2 GB under
DOS.)

Tony Richardson