Re: 2 steps forward, one step back.

Jeff Schreiber <schreiber process com> writes:

>Kevin Colby <kevinc grainsystems com> writes:
>>
>>Weird.  Is your CD okay?
>>

>    Not sure... I went to the shell during the install, and saw that there
>    was no /usr/lib/rpm/.  I tried creating the directory, and setting up
>    a softlink to /usr/lib/rpmrc, but when I switched back to the install
>    session it had already done the check.

    Found the problem.  I was using the install boot disk from the 5.0 install
    that I had... rather than making one from the 5.2 CD.

    Looks like it might actually be making progress...

                                        -Jeff

  |    Jeff Schreiber     | Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability   |
  |    aka - "Spectre"    | is in the opponent.  Therefore skillful      |
  | schreiber process com | warriors are able to be invincible, but they |
  |                       | cannot cause opponents to be vulnerable.     |
  |                       |     (Sun Tsu - _The Art of War_)             |