Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 11:29:48 -0600
From: "Mike Abney" <mabney netexplorer com>
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: Re: KDE distributed with RH5.2?

RedHat did *not* distribute KDE with 5.2.  At that time, the libraries
KDE was based upon (QT from TrollTech) had a license that was
incompatible with the GPL.

RedHat 5.2 *does* come with linuxconf.  I strongly recommend trying to
use it to set up your ppp interfaces and it can even initialize
(dial/connect) them for you the first time.

Once that is done, you can use 'ifup ppp0' (or whatever the interface
you want was named) if you log in as root.  In linuxconf you can also
set the ability for normal users to be able to initialize the
interface.  For them to get to the 'ifup' command they need a link to
it in their path or to specify '/sbin/ifup'.

I can get more detailed, but if this doesn't work for you, you're
better off looking up the PPP-HOWTO and trying the techniques there.

~Mike