user directory access in apache

I follewed the directions that others presented in response to a
previosu post.  UserDir was set to public_html in srm.conf so I added a
public_html direcotry to my user's home directory and set the
permissions as follows:

drwxr-xr-x   2 josh     josh         1024 Mar 31 17:34 public_html

I also have the following two sections (among others) in my in my
access.conf file:

# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# permissions.

<Directory />
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory /home/*/public_html>

# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".

# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.

Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks

# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options",
"FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"

AllowOverride None

order deny,allow
allow from all

</Directory>

However whenever I try to access a user's html directory with netscape I
get the "Forbidden" "You do not have permission to access ...." error.
What am I doing wrong?

I sppreciate any help that you guys can offer.

Thanks,
Geoff