Re: good 56K modem confirmed to work with RHL 5.2 or 6.0

Hi,
I have an Acer modem (admit it is an old one).
For some reason it works a lot slower on Linux 5.2 than Win98.
Could it be the driver for Linux? Or, are modems expected to work slower
under Linux.
Thanks.
-- anas.

G wrote:

>  Hello, I was hoping that someone could reccomend a good, reasonably
> priced 56K modem that they have confirmed to work, and are happy with
> the performance on a RHL 5.2 or 6.0 installation.  Also, if you had to
> do anything out of the ordinary to get the modem to work, please tell
> me about it. Thanks,Geoff

begin:          vcard
fn:             Anas Mughal
n:              Mughal;Anas
org:            Summit Systems, Inc.
adr;dom:        ;;;New York;;;
email;internet: anas_mughal summithq com
tel;work:       212-896-3623
tel;home:       516-248-4050
note;quoted-printable:The views and opinions expressed in this email message are the sender's=
	  own, and do not necessarily=0D=0A=
	  represent the views and opinions of Summit Systems Inc.
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard