Sendmail?

I am having a little problem with my mail delivery. It seems I can send
on Mozilla, Pine, Kmail, (I'm not sure about mutt, elm or exmh, boy
linux people sure love mail progs) but I can only receive on Mozilla.
Is there a line in one of the sendmail-cf files to edit for receiving or
delivery. I'm tired of playing options roullette with this.
Does this have something to do with define LOCAL_MAILER.DEF ? I get an
error message that says;
/bin/local.mail not executable.
thanks;
bill