RE: Minicom script files?

Darryl Gibson wrote:

> And it leads me to my next problem. According to the man page for
> runscript, I should have two demo script files, demoscript and
> unixlogin. But I can't find them using ls or whereis.

An alternative to "whereis" (or "which" which finds executables if they're
in your PATH somewhere) is the "locate" command.

You have to build a database first with the updatedb command. IIRC the
normal Redhat install adds a cron job somewhere to do the updatedb on a
regular basis.

Once done you can simply ask:

   locate filename

and full path of the file should appear.  The filename parm
can also accept normal shell filename metacharacters like:

   locate *.log
   locate *ppp*
   locate file[0-9]

etc.

HTH

Simeon

--
snevel sonic net      =-=-=-=-=   A rabbit is just an angel with big ears!
Send mail to snevel sonic net with Subject: send index to get a listing of