Two Network Cards

I am sure this has been asked a number of times, I appologize.

One of my scouts is configuring a routing redhat box with two D-Link cards manually
configured for 0x300 and 0x340. He configures them in linuxconf, but the system only
detects the 340 port card and pauses with the 300 port card. We manually configure
different irq's which the d-link setup program accepts as non-conflicting. What are we
missing?

Best Regards, Ron Seese