Re: DNS stopped working?

> NfoCipher wrote:
>
> Has anyone ran into this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
> After I installed the ipmasqadm package, my dns stopped resolving
> outside domains.
> It would resolve my domain just fine, but anything else would fail.
> Ended up adding a dns forwarder so it would resolve outside stuff.
> So what went wrong and how do I fix it?

Honestly, you are probably better off doing it this way.
Internal machines should not be contacting external DNS
servers.  That creates unneccessary network link traffic.
Cache those lookups in your own DNS server and have the
inside use that.  It'll save on bandwidth if not config
headaches.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com