Re: Installing onto nfs partitions

Dave Robertson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get the redhat installer to recognise nfs
> partitions, for example: I wish to install RH 6.1 onto a machine
> which will nfs mount /usr/share from a remote server. So I need to
>
> a) be able to tell the installer to put /usr/share on the remote machine
>
> or preferably
>
> b) tell the installer not to install /usr/share at all.
>
> Is this possible using redhat's installer (either manual or kickstart) or
> do I need to create my own install scripts?

Why not simply copy the contents over to the NFS share after
installation, and then erase the old copies and change the mount
info in /etc/fstab to the NFS share?  This would probably be
far easier than getting the install to do it.

May I ask why you're doing this to /usr/share?

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com