mount point /dos does not exist

I am installing redhat 6.1 on new machine. I first made two partitions
using fdisk, and installed MSDOS 6.22 on first partition.
Partition	status	type	vol label	Mbytes	system
1 		A	PRI DOS	MS-DOS_6	2047	Fat16
2			EXT DOS				4103

In the redhat installation I used disk druid to make /dos, /boot, /swap,
etc. It seemed to go OK.

Afterwards, when I boot, I get message:
mount point /dos does not exist

Well, if I boot into dos from LILO, dos seems fine.
Not sure why linux does not see /dos.

What is wrong? How to fix?  Thanks very much for any help.

Bill