rescue disks

First thanks to everyone here for all your help. I recently installed 6.1 on an
intell box
and the install went fine.  I tried to find the rescue images in the images dir
and it isn't
there. Knowin that i tried to enter rescue on the boot prompt wondering if it
would ask
me for a rescue disk, it blew up something about thinking I have a raid system
installd.
(I do not). Anyway I  found a rescue disk called tomsrtbt 1.7.185. To make a
long story
short  *I am trying fo figure a way to recover a bad disk if it fails. I will
resort to using tar
for my backup image, but I cannot seem to mount any of the disks to a mount
point
when in the rescue mode. Can anyone tell me what devices to use I did get the
/dev/fd0 to mount ok but non of my scsi devices will mount, nor will the cdrom.
thanks in advance --- Gene Reynolds