Re: creating new partitions

HI,

I'd try using var_old rather than var old... Just a thought,

Cheers,

Trent The Thief

9/22/99 3:52:18 PM, "Godfried Duodu" ,

>** Reply Requested When Convenient **
>
>I have installed a 250 meg hard drive on my linux box. I did fdisk to partition it and used the command  mke2fs /dev/hdb1 to format. I edited /etc/fstab to
mount it as /var. On hda1,  I did  mv /var/*   /var old and issued the mount -a command then did cp -a /var old /var. I rebooted and was getting errors
messages of non existent directories. What could I have done differently? Thanks and have a great day!