Another Zip Question

I didn't catch the beginning of the previous zip drive problem.  I been trying
for days trying to hook up my zip drive.

This is what I've done so far:
              mkdir /mnt/zipdos
              ln -s /dev/sdc4 /dev/zipdos

              Added in the /etc/fstab:
                        /dev/zipdos  /mnt/zipdos msdos noauto,user,sync,mode=0777

Here is the dialog:
              /root> mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/zipdos
              mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda4 as a block device
                      (maybe `insmod driver'?)

I also tried with the above:
                  added to /etc/security/console.perms:
                                    Under device classes:
                                     <zipdos>=/dev/zipdos

                                    Under permission definitions:
                                    <console> 0600 <zipdos>  0600 root

Then I:
             mount /mnt/zipdos
   BUT I get the same error message:

mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda4 as a block device
                      (maybe `insmod driver'?)

Thanks in advance,
L. Marshall