linuxconf, DNS

I tried to use linuxconf to set up the name server specification.
It works fine, setting the default domain and the IP addresses of
the name servers.  However, if I shutdown the machine and re-start
it, /etc/resolv.conf gets changed: the domain line gets deleted and
search gets appended to the end of the file.

What is changing /etc/resolv.conf?  How do I prevent it from doing
so?

--
David Ellement