Re: Freezup during Mouse Probe

you might want to try using the text-based install script instead of the
GUI-based one if you are using that....I know that has caused many problems
on my friends' laptops...I always go straight to the text method, and I
haven't run into any problems like that yet.  If you can, and nothing else
works, try loading the generic mouse driver for linux...it may work.