Shadow Passwords

I couldn't get POP or IMAP (or FTP for that matter) to work, even though
telnet did. The reason was shadow passwords. I did a pwunconv after fixing
everyone's passwords on my system so they worked right, and now the above
services work fine. Since I'm firewalled, It's not a big deal to open up
the passwd file like this does. The rest of the users on my network don't
know jack about Linux, unless I help them. It's my kids and wife.

Karl L. Pearson
karlp ourfam dsl xmission com
http://www.xmission.com/~ourfam