Re: Problems with tar and cpio

> Is there something really obvious that I'm missing. i.e. should I be
> using a different device driver? How can I see which device drivers are

What device driver are you using? I have a Surestore as well, and also
use an Adaptec 2920C. I'm using the aic7xxx driver, which has worked
well for a while, although early editions of it had problems seeing my
tape drive.

> Found end of tape.  Load next tape and press RETURN.
> cpio: write error: Input/output error

That seems odd. I've had some trouble with things (dump, mostly)
seeing end of tape prematurely, but that could have easily been
pilot error. Normally, I just use tar.