Re: Shutdown prompt me for a password ?!!?

> When I run 'shutdown -h now' or 'halt' as a normal user (not root),
> it prompt me for a password that I don't know (it isn't the root's password).

What happens if you run shutdown as root? It's not meant to be run
as a regular user IMHO.

David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox belvdere vip best com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.