RE: Shutdown prompt me for a password ?!!?

Thank you for your reply.

The main point is I wish to avoid that password
when I run 'shutdown' as a normal user (not root).
I changed the 'shutdown' attribs 'xwrx-rx-r' with 'swrx-rx-r'
but 'shutdown' still prompt me for a password.

The second point is I would like to know which is
that password (it isn't root' password).

Thanks again.

Have a good week-end.