From: Saguntala S <sakus future futsoft com>
To: "'redhat-install-list redhat com'" <redhat-install-list redhat com>
Subject: RE: Installing ATM driver (Efficient Speed Stream) on Red Hat:
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:11:22 +0530

Hello,
	Thank you for your response.

are you using lilo to boot the new kernel ?
[Saguntala S]  Yes we were using lilo to boot the new kernel.
 i had similar problems when i
was adding a few drivers in the kernel when i was booting using lilo. i
tried booting using a raw floppy and it worked !!
[Saguntala S]  We tried using the raw floppy too. But it was not
successful. It hangs after uncompressing Linux.

the commands to make a bootable floppy are :
- copy the image (bzImage) created to /boot/vmlinuz-2.3.28-12 (if that is
the location of the original linux image vmlinuz-2.2.12-20)
- now do
$mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 2.3.28.12
$shutdown -r now
now, boot with the floppy.
send me mail if you you need clarifications on this.
[Saguntala S]  We are able to compile the kernel on an IBM machine and are
using it without any problems. Can you give us more details on this ??
Thanks and Regards
Saguntala.

-- To unsubscribe: mail redhat-install-list-request redhat com with "unsubscribe" as the Subject.