Re: R: SAMBA client and NT server:PROBLEMS!!

demartino vittorio grtn it wrote:

> Hi Thomas:
> I had a go at using cd "De Martino" and it worked great! Thanks a lot.
> For the second question, the actual situation about the Win share is as
> follows:
> NT DATA Server: SRVSCMR1
> Share:DATI
> under DATI  |
>              SDE (noaccess with my userid)
>                  STP (access with my userid)
> I tried the following two lines in a shell as the root user:
> smbmount //SRVSCMR1/DATI /mnt/NT username=myuserid
> smbmount //SRVSCMR1/DATI/STP /mnt/NT username=myuserid

try this :)

smbmount //SRVSCMR1/DATI /mnt/NT -o username=myuserid

does that work?
If not, can you access it using smbclient?

We have samba running on a Solaris system to
share homes between Unix and Windows since
1) it's free and 2) it's better than Windows
NFS clients/servers.
But we don't have any shares form the NT
nor Win9x boxes so I cannot test mounts from
NT.

	-Thomas