Re: IMPORTANT Changes to Mailing List

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Kambiz Aghaiepour spoke the following immortal words,

> Attention all List Members:
>
> We are in the process of migrating all Red Hat lists from the current list
> manager software/server running qmail/Smartlist to a new server running
> postfix and GNU Mailman (*).

Why would you do this? AFAIK qmail is one (if not the fastest) MTA's
out there. Several major sites such as egroups, hotmail.com (qmail handles
a enormous amount of mail daily), run qmail and they work perfectly with
no problems with preformance.

So since you mentioned performance issues, I would be grateful if you can
tell me on what basis you thought that Postfix will perform better than
qmail?

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)