Fra: Ethangar [mailto:gandalf cwia com]
Sendt: 26. juni 2000 21:09
Til: redhat-install-list redhat com
Emne: LILO and System Commander 2000

Hello all,
I am new to System Commander, so bare with me. I used System Commander 2000 to make a dual boot system. One Partition being Windows 98 and the
other of course being Linux. When it came down to installing Linux, LILO seemed to take over my MBR. I restored System Commander with a boot disk
I had made, but now the only way I can get to linux is with a boot disk. Can anyone possibly tell me how to make LILO work only on the Linux
Partition and not my MBR. If you can understand anything I said at all:) Note: Every time I run Lilo, it rewrites my MBR, is there a seperate
program to run to make it only install to that partition?

Thanks everyone,
if you have any suggestions or possibly an answer please email me at
gandalf cwia com