Re: can't connect to my server via ftp- please help!!

Hi.
Well, 1st of all we don't know what you have already configured. If i
remember correctly, in 6.2, there should be telnet open by default. (which
sucks and should be changed).
Look at your /etc/inetd.conf and look what you see there.
Remove the # = "comment" marks from the telnet line if there is one.
Then just search where the real telnet config file is located.
Can't really say cause i disabled it immediately.
I recommend that you say goodbye to your "telnet" and start using ssh.

Patch your system also immediately.
RedHat 6.2 and 7 (ofcourse any other below these..) are quite a security
incidents waiting to happen.

This prodecure is wise even if you have a dial-up and you are not constantly
active in network.

Now where in the hell is the inetd in RH 7?
Lots of places have changed since the 6.2 .

oh well....