Re: Boot disk for serial console box

John Nelson wrote:

> All,
>
> A new box that I just built uses an Asus CUSL2 motherboard with built in
> VGA video.  While configuring X Windows I am prompted to enter the RAM
> available on the board... yet since the video is built in (and I can't
> find a specification for amount of video RAM)... I'm kindof hosed.

            The install program is asking for the amount of *system*
memory,  not
video memory... since you have (apparently) more than 64Mb.

> Anyone know how much video RAM is on this board and if there is a way
> around it?  Also, I don't seem to be able to find a happy set of settings
> for my Sony SDM-M51 15" flat panel display.  Xconfigurator keeps griping
> that the settings are wrong.
>
> Do I need to do anything special with LCD flat panel displays?
>
> - John

                I recently purchased a Jaton  video card, with the NVIDIA
TNT2chip.
It supports flat panel displays. IMHO, any video that's been produced since
1995/6 should support lcd displays, but I would still recommend verifying
this by a visit to the manufacturer's site.

            Elton Woo ;-)

--
        eltonwoo videotron ca - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.
              Registered Linux User #193975. AMD-K2 CPU on board.