moving linux to new disk

HI.

question.  i got a WD 30G HD especially for linux.  right now i have
linux running on a quantum fireball cx 10G drive, sharing space with
win98.  my question is - what is the best way to move the whole of linux
onto the new drive?  i can partition it no problem.  i want to move
linux there and leave it working as a slave to the 10G drive, and take
up the 10G drive with win98 fully.  i will install lilo to both MBR's.

should i just mke2fs on all partitions and then use tar to copy things
over?

are there any resources on this topic?  please let me know.
--
Taras Gapotchenko